Saturday, January 8, 2011

Remember

The pain of time,
Moving farther and farther,
Away from a summer of love,
A summer of joy,
A memory that comes to me,
In times of darkness,
A memory that brings me a smile,
A smile stretching from coast to coast,
A memory clearer than the blue sky,
I lay here,
My eyes closed,
Tighter than a baby angel to her mother,
My lips sealed shut,
As if they were hiding a treasure,
My blanket wrapped tightly around me,
As if it were snowing in the room,
But my ears,
My ears are open,
Waiting,
Hoping,
To hear those three words once again.

Another poem my son Taylor wrote. Good stuff from a good kid.  At some point in ours lives I think we've all felt this way - losing a love we so desperately wanted to hold on to, hoping that love would come back to us. I like how he put those feelings into words.  For his senior project he designed a book on the poems he has written. The official presentation is next week....the review panel better pass him...I'm just sayin....

No comments:

Post a Comment